Exciting destinations across the city of Salzburg and the wider region
Hotel Gasthof Hölle: the perfect base for your expeditions throughout the State of Salzburg
There's plenty to see in the city and across the state, with Salzburg boasting a terrific range of sightseeing opportunities, magnificent landscapes and cultural attractions. Enjoy a relaxing stroll or hike through the outstanding scenery of the region. Experience pure action with a climbing, rafting or mountain-biking expedition. Or visit the numerous cultural monuments, museums, restaurants and all the rest the delightful city of Mozart has to offer.
Your top sightseeing destinations in the city of Salzburg
The Hotel Gasthof Hölle is conveniently located near Salzburg's old town and close to a range of leisure destinations such as the Salzburg Zoo. The hotel is within easy distance of Salzburg's top attractions either by car, on foot, via public transport or with our free bicycle hire (e-bikes available for a fee) here at the Hotel Gasthof:
- The fortress of Festung Hohensalzburg (approx. 4 km)
- Mozart's birthplace (approx. 4 km)
- Schloss Mirabell & the Mirabell Gardens (approx. 4 km)
- Salzburg Museum & the Neue Residenz palace (approx. 3 km)
- The Salzburger Cathedral (approx. 4 km)
- The magnificent staterooms of the DomQuartier Salzburg (approx. 4 km)
- Museum der Moderne Salzburg & the Mönchsbergaufzug lift (approx. 4 km)
- Getreidegasse (approx. 4 km)
- Schloss Hellbrunn (approx. 4 km)
- The Salzburg Zoo (approx. 4 km)
- and many more.
Our tips for excursions in the Salzburg area & surrounding region
Both the outer city districts and the wider Salzburg region have a tremendous range of attractions and destinations to offer. Soak up the inspiring natural beauty of the region as you venture far underground, enjoy panoramic mountain views or explore traditional buildings:
- The pilgrimage church of Maria Plain (approx. 8 km)
- Untersbergbahn railway (approx. 10 km)
- Gaisberg & Gaisbergstrasse (approx. 12 km)
- The Salzburg Open-Air Museum (approx. 13 km)
- The Keltenmuseum in Hallein (approx. 13 km)
- The Hallein Salt Mine (approx. 16 km)
- Erlebnisburg Hohenwerfen (approx. 40 km)
- The Werfen Eisriesenwelt (approx. 48 km)
- and much more.
Excursions in Salzburg: free entry & discounts with the Salzburg Card
The ideal companion to your stay in Salzburg is the Salzburg Card (available from reception). This card entitles the bearer to free entry to many of the city's monuments and museums and free use of all public transport except the suburban railway. Significant discounts are also offered to selected cultural events, concerts and excursion destinations. Get your Salzburg Card from the reception desk at the Hotel Gasthof Hölle, and you're ready to get started on a holiday in Salzburg that's full of variety!