To Navigation


Hotel Chronology – a house with an extraordinary history

It was as far back as 1809 that our gasthof was first mentioned in writing as being an inn – at that time under the name of Galgenwirtshaus (Gallows Inn). The name was used for a good reason. From 1880, Maria Berger appears as the owner of the house which she operated under the name of Höllwirtshaus – the foundation for the later name of Hölle.

Over the course of time, the ownership changed hands several times. Until finally, on 21st May 1965, Ernst Pühringer senior acquired it. After his death, his wife Hermine took over the business, which she passed over to their son, and present proprietor, on 1st March 1991.

Lookback – Milestones of the Hotel Hölle

Contact & Arrival

Hotel & Gasthof Hölle

Dr.-Adolf-Altmann-Str 2
5020 Salzburg

Phone +43 662 82 07 600
Fax +43 662 82 07 60 18


Opening hours

Montag bis Sonntag von 08.00 – 23.00 Uhr


Weather forecast